Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why does Eclipse (Java software development kit) keep crashing?

Okay, I recently decided to look into software design for the Android OS, and after extensively following all of the setup instructions on http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.h鈥?/a> concerning installing the Java Runtime Environment (I have experience with Java, I just had it installed on a different machine), the Android SDK, Eclipse, and the ADT Plugin for Eclipse I am finding everything to work properly except for Eclipse being unstable. I have only created Android Projects since this install, but here is my problem; when I open an item (.Java, .xml, whatever) from the Package Eplorer panel on Eclipse it works fine, but then when I go to open a second item (whether it's the same item again or something different, whether I close the first window or leave it open) Eclipse ALWAYS stops responding and NEVER starts working again.





Please note; everything else works properly. I have compiled tutorial projects and run them beautifully through an Android Virtual Device, I've just experienced many crashes as I work (always in the exact way I just described).





Originally I thought that perhaps my version of Eclipse was too recent (I was using 3.6 Helios as opposed to 3.4 Ganymede or 3.5 Galileo (the two version my setup guide said were supported), but upon downloading and installing 3.5.2 Galileo (Classic Edition, as per the instructions) I have experienced the exact same problem.





If anyone cares concerning my specs, I'm running on a Vista x64 (using the 64-bit version[s] of Eclipse). Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!|||I know it Sucks some people say its Firefox I'm running Windows 7 64 bit it crashes if I try to open main.xml Lucky google made app inventor and it will be out soon BUT I WANT TO LEARN JAVA

No comments:

Post a Comment