Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can you remove stock apps that come on your Android phone WITHOUT ROOT!?

I want to remove some useless apps such as Amazon MP3, Appack, etc. Is there a way to do this without rooting my phone? I know I heard someone say I can do this using the SDK, but I don't remember where I heard this.|||My understanding is that if your manufacturer or provider has deemed these to be system apps, you can only modify them with root. No app can resolve this, because without root, your phone will not give permission to the apps to remove them (or allow you to give permission to them).



It's similar to administrator privileges on a computer. If you aren't an administrative user, you can't change system settings. And the sad truth is that you are not the administrator of your phone (unless said rooting occurs).

No comments:

Post a Comment