Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can I turn a used Android phone into an Android "developer" phone?

I would like an android phone for developing apps. Right now, I'm limited to using the android emulator that comes with the SDK, and it's very slow and buggy. The problem is, I can't afford the $400 for an actual developer phone. There are lots of used android phones on craigslist for cheap (under $100 dollars), and I was wondering if it's possible to use one of those without requiring a carrier.





I don't need the ability to call or use wireless or anything like that. I just want to be able to put my apps on the phone and run them. I hear terms tossed around all the time about "jailbreaking" and "unlocking" and "root access" and whatnot, but I'm kinda lost here. Can I buy a cheap used android phone and use it as a "developer" phone?|||How are you going to develop if you don't know what simple phone terms are. You will have to have root access to use the more advanced apps. It isn't hard. I can root most phones in under 5 min. If you can find a htc phone check out unrevoked. Other phones use various other methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment