Friday, December 16, 2011

Starting development for Android?

I just installed the Android SDK with Eclipse Galileo, and have saw the 'Simple Flashlight' program. Needless to say, I have a few questions...First, where can I download the Android API Documentation? And, is the documentation added into my Java API Documentation that I downloaded?


Second, are there any books out there for Android? Some intense tutorials? i learned Java from the Deitel and Deitel books, and was wondering if there was a great book like those? Or is there even THAT much involved? I know this may sound stupid, but I just want to make sure, you know? Thank you!|||You can access the API online at developer.android.com. When you code in Eclipse, it will give you suggestions, meaning that Eclipse has the API, but I haven't actually bothered looking for it because its much faster online (Eclipse is really slow for me). A good book for Android would be Android Wireless Application Development, but you can learn everything you need to know at developer.android.com. It has great articles and tutorials that you can use. Check under the resources section. Also, the SDK comes with multiple examples so you should check those out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment