Friday, December 16, 2011

Installing Android on a netbook?

I'm not very good at computer programing and don't know how to do things like compiling Linux distros, but I'd like to trying using Google Android on an old netbook/laptop to see if it's any good as a media player and to use Andriod apps before I commit to buying an expensive Android tablet PC (or an iPad). Does anybody know where I can get an ISO for an installable version of Android, or a downloadable installer that fits on a USB stick?





I've tried Googling for it, but all I seem to find are guides for using the Android SDK on a PC, but I want to run Android as the primary OS rather than as a virtual machine.





It has to be Android, I've already got compiled installations for things like Ubunta and and Suse, but I'd like to try Android now to see how good it is and if it measures up.|||http://code.google.com/p/live-android/


---


Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days


I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.|||I agree with you. Would have looked at it the same way

No comments:

Post a Comment