Friday, December 16, 2011

How to I set everything up to start developing Android apps?

Well...I'm not new to programming (I know C and C++), but I'm new to Java...I seem to be having trouble getting everything set up so I can start developing an Android app. I have Eclipse and the Android SDK, but I don't know how to use them together and the internet seems to be of no help.





The Android SDK tools installer can't find the JDK for some reason, either.|||With the SDK installer, when it says it can't find the jdk, click back, then next again. Should work now. As for developing apps, you don't really need to kno java. Depends on the engine you are working with. Some engines allow you to program in C++. Some allow you to create in HTML 5. I don't really like eclipse, so I am learning C++ so I can try to make apps as well.|||If I remember correctly there is a certain version of the Java runtime that you must have. It is not the basic Java runtime.





Also, search youtube, there are a lot of videos that will demonstrate exactly how to install the SDK and get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment