Saturday, December 24, 2011

Ubuntu configure: command not found?

Hello


I don't understand why I cannot use the command configure..


I did sudo apt-get install build-essential and I saw build-essential is already the newest version.


I did sudo aptitude update and sudo aptitude install openssh-client openssh-server


Now I try


cd ./Downloads (where I downloaded my android-sdk-linux_x86 package)


ls


cd ./android-sdk-linux_x86


configure


And the result: configure: command not found ??


I cannot install it by synaptic..


can someone help me ? I know I will try also with Ubuntu Forum..


Thanks|||In most distros, the current folder is not in your path. This is done by design in case there is a script called ls or something similar which does something unexpected.





You need to explicitly specify a path to run a command anywhere other than /bin, /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, so use





./configure





to run the configure script after cd'ing to its folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment