Saturday, December 24, 2011

AT&T: Aria, Nexus One, 3G S, or iPhone 4?

I am looking to buy a new smartphone in a few weeks after tragically losing my 3G S last semester after leaving a bar. I have used an iPhone for the past 2 years (original and 3G S) and both were jailbroken. It's safe to say the iOS will be jailbroken or the Android will be rooted and would like the answers from that perspective. I didn't like how restrictive the iOS was despite being jailbroken but there are a few apps (iStudez Pro for example) that I almost relied on and the OS clean and simple. I don't have much knowledge on the Android platform beyond playing with the Aria in the store for a bit and running the Android SDK on my MacBook. I also don't have the slightest idea what apps are offered in their Market. I have broken down my choices to Aria vs. iPhone 3 G S and Nexus One vs. iPhone 4 based on performance (clearly the iPhone 4 is more powerful than the Aria and the Nexus One betters the 3G S). My dilemmas are with the apps, value (price and performance), and the Android OS since I don't know much about it. I could care less about Facetime or that VGA front camera on the iPhone 4 and I have used iOS 4 on my gf's jailbroken iPod Touch 2G with multitask enabled. Which phone would you pick and why? Thanks for reading this long post! Experienced users are preferred although I could use any insight and please no fanboy flamming.|||Personally, I would choose an Android phone any day because on the iPhone:





-cant take out the battery


-no removable memory


-only Apple-approved apps


-STILL no true multi-tasking like Android


-cant customize your phone AT ALL


-no Flash support


-no widgets


-no ringback tones


-all file syncing MUST be done through iTunes (pictures, etc.)


-Android phones have more memory storage


-most Android phones have better cameras


-most Android phones have faster processors


-no standard USB cable like all other phones


-instant Android OTA software updates- don鈥檛 have to wait a year like iPhone


-can鈥檛 get service in an ATT store- have to find an Apple store


-lots of features of the new iPhone only work on WiFi





Android is miles ahead of Apple- with the new 4.0 software, Apple is only now letting people do things like add folders to their home screen, because God forbid that anyone should be able to do that on their cell phone!! And even in 4 years, they haven鈥檛 been able to give the iPhone true multi-tasking capabilities, like Android.聽 Oh, btw, Android has been able to do both of those things ever since it came out.聽 By the time Apple puts out a new iPhone, there鈥檚 a better Android phone out 4 months later.聽 Bottom line: they will always be trailing Android.聽





Android is already selling more phones than Apple, and it鈥檚 been out half the time that the iPhone has.聽 By the end of the year, the Market will have 100,000 apps, which is more than the Apple Store had at its 2-year mark.聽 Android鈥檚 open-source nature will always be more appealing to devs and phone manufacturers because they can market to every carrier, and dozens of phones, instead of 1 carrier and 1 phone.聽 The possibilities are literally endless as far as Android is concerned, because ANYONE can make an app to do ANYTHING on the phone.聽 With Apple, they have to approve every single app that goes into the Store.聽 They even rejected an app because it said the聽 word Android in it- how far do you really think they鈥檙e gonna go with that kind of closed-minded thinking??聽 I want to decide what goes on my phone, not the other way around..|||Nexus One of course, it is the first phone to get Android update as always, if there is Nexus Two with better hardware, you can consider it as well|||i Didnt read your post cause its way to long but i would do i phone 4 i have had one for a while but even though it doesnt hold its charge it has really come through for me|||Hi. I would recommend going with the Nexus One on T-mobile. Nexus One rules!! It has better features to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment