Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to configure lg optimus m to install app to sd card by default?

I am having trouble configuring my metropcs lg optimus m to install apps to sd by default. I have downloaded the android sdk and avd manager and also tried various forums where they advised that I can change the default by using command prompt. ie:





http://androinica.com/2010/08/03/how-to-install-apps-to-the-sd-card-by-default-on-android-2-2-froyo/





I tried what they said in the above link and it didnt work. I cant seem to get to the adb devices part. It cant be found. Does someone know if another way that I can configure my lg optimus M to install apps to sd card by default? I am tired of moving apps to sd cos some apps dont move cos that part is grayed out.|||I am sure there is a way to do it through cli, but not sure it is a very good idea. The reason "move to sd card" is greyed out is that many apps will not work correctly or at all from the "Home" sdcard directory. Many apps need permissions to access system processes and resources that are not available from the sd card, so moving them there would be pointless. If moving an app to a new home on the sd card is met with resistance, there is probably a very good reason.


%26gt;%26gt;Try to keep the number of RUNNING apps and processes to a minimum so more resources will be available to you and the system. Periodically clear cache and data. Be merciless with task manager!


%26gt;%26gt;Control impulse downloads. Do you really need an Internet Coke Machine or talking wombat??


%26gt;%26gt;Research utilities-many of them can be achieved using apps already downloaded, or native.


When you get tired of that wallpaper or vanity app or game, UNINSTALL IT!! It is amazing how much drek people leave on their devices, much of it running constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment