Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to specify a path to run a command anywhere?

hello


I cannot run simple bash command like echo, make or configure. Example: to install one package.


I did sudo apt-get install build-essential and I saw build-essential is already the newest version.


I did sudo aptitude update and sudo aptitude install openssh-client openssh-server


Now I try


cd ./Downloads (where I downloaded my android-sdk-linux_x86 package)


ls


cd ./android-sdk-linux_x86


configure


And the result: configure: command not found


People told me to specify a path to run a command anywhere but I'm not so smart..


I know that I must go under System-%26gt;Administration-%26gt;User and group-%26gt;User setting-%26gt;Change advanced user setting


And now ? which shell should I add ?





Thanks in advance|||try running the command





which COMMANDNAME





for example,





which echo





this will tell you the full path of the command so you can use it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment