Saturday, December 24, 2011

Websites that explain java and xml code not just tell you what to type?

i am familiar with html, and used a really good website called html dog to teach myself. I am now looking for something similar for java and xml. I just want something that outlines all the basic stuff; for example with html everything has to be contained in %26lt; and %26gt;; you need to close things with %26lt;/; %26lt;h1%26gt; %26lt;h2%26gt; %26lt;h3%26gt; are for headings, %26lt;li%26gt; is for lists etc etc etc





I want something that tells me this info for java and xml, at the moment im just copying text/code and I dont know what its for or what it means.





I've downloaded the android sdk and eclipse but tbh they make as much sense to me as bio chemistry. I have a good idea of how to navigate through eclipse, the edit and view panels etc, and i can run the code ive typed and see it in the console; but as far as all the other buttons etc go im stumped; but I'm not too worried about this for the moment.





Has anyone else used this sdk, do I need to learn code? Am i doing this right??|||I would check out the java tutorial right on their main website, or look through the Java Core book. I'm in a Java class right now %26amp; basically my teacher just posts links to the java tut online and says "write a program that does this." It will teach you the basics of how a program runs and how to use certain features, but you will ofc have to play around with it a bit. I suggest using DrJava to run your code in so you don't have to figure out the cmd line way, which is kind of confusing to use if you're not used to it. It also highlights wrong syntax %26amp; indents for you %26amp; you can easily look up error codes if you don't know what they mean. Eclipse is for pros, not noobs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment