Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can someone help me with updating my samsung vibrant to android 2.2?

the steps given by http://developer.android.com/index.html confuse me... Can you give me step by step directions? I have a Windows laptop. I get lost in the "sdk" and "avp", and dont know how to download, or start the sdk set up.. i do know how to work and use computers but the directions confuse me...thank you for any help. :D|||There's good news and bad news.





The bad news is Android 2.2 is not yet available for the Vibrant. It will definitely get Android 2.2, but not until later this year. What you see on that website is a toolkit for developers to create apps and custom ROMs. SDK is Software Development Kit. Without getting technical, what you see is for developers to create. It's not something that can be installed on your phone.





The good news is that once Android 2.2 becomes available for your phone, it will be done OTA(Over The Air). It will just pop up on your phone that an update is available. You click that you want to install it and it's all done for you.





I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, but nonetheless, I hope it was helpful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment